Get more info...

Custom Search

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sarawak International Triathlon 2009


My first triathlon. Very glad that can finish it safely.... first time swimming in the sea and also first time swim for so long distance.... ha... After the race feel that my legs aren't my legs as nearly cant feel it..... but it was a very exciting and fun race although i didnt get any placing. Achieved my mission already, that is to finish the race safely. ha....

This event is an international event, so more than 12 countries are involved in this event, such as South Africa, Japan, UK, USA, Hong Kong, Macau, Brunei, Australia, Singapore, Germany, Canada, Sweden, Venezuela, Czech Republic, Bolivia and Malaysia.
Really learnt a lot from this event, especially the 2 transitions in the event. First transition is from swimming to cycling, i was number 5 from behind as my swimming is very poor, many of the competitiors are swimmers. Luckily before this i searched and watch from you-tube bout the transition area, have to prepare many things there such as towels to wipe body and also feet, helmet for cycling, shirt for cycling with number on it and water to clean the feet from sand. It took me quite sometime to dry my feet and wear socks and shoes, what i learnt from the pros was that most of them didn't wear socks, but im afraid if i dont wear socks i'll get blister. The second transition is not much a problem as i was using same shirt and shoes, but after the swimming and cycling, most of my energy is gone and i really felt couldnt breath and run anymore.
In the running part, although it was just 5km, but i couldnt perform well like my training, i took around 32 minutes to finish the run, compare to when training i took around 26 minutes. My cycling caused me couldnt perform well in the running as i struggled very hard while going up the hill when cycling, i still cant master the gearing part; of coz using an antic mountain bike is another reason why i struggled. ha....
Overall, it was a very great experience for me and what i got is worthed what i payed for. With RM 60, i got a t-shirt worth RM25, a swim cap, finisher medal, power bar product and buffet dinner worth RM30, and the most valuable of all is the experience of swimming in the sea. ha.....

No comments: